Great day today. We got to see our good friends Dan and Marcia, along with their oldest daughter Amy (visiting from NYC). Over the past seven years, we’ve come to really love Amy and her sister Jill and it was a great privilege to see her with Dan and Marcia. We later shared dinner with our long-time friends, Doug and Susie. Over 34 years, Doug and Susie have loved us unconditionally and often been the voices of reason when parenting nearly got the best of us.
Looking back on this year is pretty interesting.
– In March, I graduated from Cal Poly Pomona with a Bachelor’s degree in Animal Science
– In May Sherry started work as a nurse in the ER at Long Beach Memorial
– In June we moved from the Cal State Fullerton Alpha Chi Omega sorority house (where we’d been house parents) to Long Beach
– In June I started work at bigger dot in Long Beach
– In August I began work on an MBA in International Development at Hope International University
– More to come later . . .